Please contact Lock Picks Australia Support via email@example.com for all warranty and product support requests.
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from Lock Picks Australia.
In the event that You have a warranty claim, you will be asked to return the relevant Product to an Australian support centre.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and Lock Picks Australia ABN 81 057 144 123.
Please note that you must keep your original product packaging in order to be eligible for our pick-up service. In the event that you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and Lock Picks Australia accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
Lock Picks Australia provide the warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions in relation to Products offered and supplied by Lock Picks Australia from the website.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by Lock Picks Australia irrespective of:
- the identity of the manufacturer of the Product;
- whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Lock Picks Australia agree to repair or replace the Lock Picks Australia Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Lock Pick Australia’s specifications during:
- the Standard Warranty period of 12 months; or
- the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
Lock Picks Australia requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from Lock Picks Australia staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Lock Picks Australia Support via firstname.lastname@example.org before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
Lock Picks Australia reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Lock Picks Australia will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Lock Picks Australia with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Lock Picks Australia. Lock Picks Australia may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
If Lock Picks Australia is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Lock Picks Australia’s store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Lock Picks Australia’s election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Lock Picks Australia.
Where Lock Picks Australia authorises warranty service of a Product, Lock Picks Australia will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. In this situation Lock Picks Australia will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Lock Picks Australia specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Lock Picks Australia if Lock Picks Australia specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so, in which case Lock Picks Australia will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt.
The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Lock Picks Australia upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Lock Picks Australia within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
Lock Picks Australia reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Lock Picks Australia’s internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Lock Picks Australia Authorised Repair Centre.
Lock Picks Australia may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty do not apply as per section 17.
Lock Picks Australia reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Lock Picks Australia’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Lock Picks Australia, provided Lock Picks Australia is informed by contacting Lock Picks Australia’s Sales via email@example.com within 7 days of the date of transfer.
Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of Your Products.
Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
Lock Picks Australia is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in Lock Picks Australia’s opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case Lock Picks Australia will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
- To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries, projector lamps and cables), or lost parts or accessories;
- To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or
- To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
To the full extent permitted by law:
- Lock Picks Australia will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Lock Picks Australia’s aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Lock Picks Australia’s option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- Lock Picks Australia excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Lock Picks Australia Products supplied by Lock Picks Australia, these Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Lock Picks Australia can be contacted by telephone at 04 6648 9205 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.